Accessible vacation planning
European city vacations
Global vacation planner
Japan (call us for details)
Portugal (call us for details)
Slovenia (call us for details)
Spain (lots of itineraries - call us)
Vietnam (call us for details)
Independent Wheelchair Accessible Vacations
We plan wheelchair-accessible vacations on land and on the seas. We do it well, and we do nothing else. Our individually planned, custom accessible vacations are the private alternative for travelers with wheelchairs who want to explore the globe at their own pace.
Since 1985, Accessible Journeys has arranged custom packages so our clients can have the best possible experience. We do the planning so you don’t have to.
We know how to deliver the thrill of discovery to slow walkers and travelers with wheelchairs. We also know traveling companions are on vacation too. We handle potential problems and hurdles before you leave home.
Custom tours for families and small groups
Tell us where you want to go, what you want to see, and which wheelchair-friendly accommodations you need. We then create an itinerary, choose appropriate guides, and pre-plan for equipment, facilities and more.
Our goal is to create wheelchair-friendly and barrier-free vacations giving you the personal comforts you want and need. All tours include knowledgeable guides and sightseeing itineraries built around your interests.
Wheelchair-accessible independent tours
Tell us where you want to go, what you want to do there, and how much of the planning you’d like us to handle. With our Access Network©, our hand-picked circle of trustworthy, wheelchair-savvy wholesale operators, agents, hoteliers, and transportation and equipment suppliers we make your dreams come tue.
Abiding by our mantra, “Overseas Travel with No Surprises,” Accessible Journeys creates Accessible Lifestyle Vacations©.
where you want - GO when you want - GO your way
With No Surprises
About our wheelchair inclusive vacations
If you want to travel independently yet need assistance in certain areas, Accessible Journeys will arrange for our Access Network trusted partners to accommodate your needs. Our Access Network members offer the following services for wheelchair travelers, and more:
• Wheelchair-accessible accommodations
• Pre-arranged English-speaking guides (other languages are available)
• Accessible van rentals with GPS navigation
• Chauffeur-driven wheelchair-accessible vans
• Chauffeur-driven private cars
• Full breakfast daily
• Meet-and-greet assistance at airports and trains
• Pre-purchased international rail and air tickets
• Accessible airport and train station transfers
• Luggage assistance
• Pre-purchased theater, concert and attraction tickets
• Wheelchair-aware travel itineraries, routes and maps
• Travel insurance protection (USA and Canada residents only)
• Foreign language assistance at each destination
Assistance in the event of emergency or illness
• Accessible destination guides
• Personal care attendants
• Travel medical equipment rentals
• Overseas mobile telephone rentals
In other words, we will handle every single element that you request.